World War II
100% match to your preferences
Official Date Range: 9/1/1939-9/2/1945 4830
Added: 10/21/10 Last Edited: 10/10/12
World War II Description
World War II started in 1,939 and ended in 1,945. It was motivated by political ideology, motivated by genocide, ethnic cleansing or other race-related conflict and motivated by expansion of power or territory by aggressor. It caused 4,000,000 injuries in the victor powers. World War II caused 16,000,000 deaths for the victors and 45,000,000 civilian deaths for the victor. It caused 8,000,000 deaths for the defeated powers and 4,000,000 civilian casualties for the defeated powers. It lasted for 6 years. World War II receives exceptional marks for historical significance from our users, was won at the Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and ended with a treaty or agreement signed. It receives exceptional marks for effectiveness from our users. World War II involved many countries, involved 4 continents and receives exceptional marks for global importance from our users. It was fought in Europe, Pacific, Atlantic, South-East Asia, China, Middle East, Mediterranean and Africa.
Why is World War II the best war?
Pikimal's recommendations are based on facts. Our algorithm drew on more than 1,600 facts from our database of 68 different wars to determine the ranking for World War II. Incorporating input from Pikimal users like you, we have determined that when choosing a war, the most important qualities are recency, historical significance and death and destruction. World War II does quite well in recency, scores better than 66% of wars in historical significance and does extremely well in death and destruction. You can choose your own preferences and create a custom ranking, or check out the best wars.
Pros: World War II is...
- The Best out of the 67 Bloodiest Wars
- The Best out of the 38 Wars That Were Motivated by Political Ideology
- The Best out of the 27 Wars That Were Motivated by Expansion of Power or Territory by the Aggressor
- The Best out of the 10 Wars That Were Motivated by Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing or Other Race-related Conflict
- Top Third out of the 67 Wars That Happened in Recent History
Cons: World War II is...
- The Worst if you prioritize Wars That Had a Low Number of Military Casualties for the Victors
World War II Full Details:
|Official Date Range||
Loading more details...